A toolbox overflowing and everything is a mess! We spend more time looking for tools than working!
The dimension of the final frame is 1200x700mm, it is composed of:
- 3 panels in MDF 700 x 400mm thick 3mm. Dimension which corresponds to the maximum working surface of the laser cut.
- 4m of stripwood.
- 4m of baseboard with a fillet (rounded edge).
- A set of 50 hooks.
Plan for laser cutting: panels-perforate.svg
The holes for fixing the hooks have a diameter of 4.5 mm. The center distance is 10 inches (25.4mm).
The procedure to follow:
- Drill laser holes on all 3 panels. In total 1100 holes (44×25). The cutting was done at the fablab Cohabit.
- Cut out 2 stripwood of 1200mm and 2 stripwood of 700mm and the same for the baseboard with angles at 45°.
- Glue the stripwood together to form a frame.
- Staple the three MDF panels to the frame.
- Glue the baseboard to hide the staples.
- Varnish the whole.
- Hang on the wall.